2.05.2013

Cookie Butter Frosted Brownies

Since I last posted about my new best friend, Cookie Butter, I've been experimenting with different ways to consume it. So far I've determined there is not a wrong way.
First I started just eating it off of a spoon...delish.
Then I tried dipping pretzels in it...also delish.
My friend tried it on an waffle and reported that too was delish.
Then I found this recipe and died.
Are. You. Serious!
Brownies AND Cookie Butter!
I had to try it immediately.
I didn't have all the ingredients for Laurens brownies but I will be baking them in the future.
Luckily I had a box brownie mix in the pantry just waiting for this special occasion.
 
Ingredients:
- Your favorite brownie mix, box or from scratch prepared as directed.
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of cookie butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
 
Directions:
1. Stir softened butter, cookie butter, vanilla, and sugar together until a thick paste forms. *It will be THICK and your arm will be tired but trust me just keep going.
2. Slowly stir in milk and then whisk vigorously until smooth. *Again another arm workout. No need for the gym the day you make these. I ended up adding a little more milk to reach that smooth consistency so feel free to do the same.
3. Once the brownies cool, spread frosting on top and enjoy.  
 
Are you drooling?
Make these for your honey on Valentines Day!
If you don't have access to Cookie Butter a) i'm sorry b) try it with peanut butter instead.
Hmmm I wonder if Nutella would work? Guess I should go find out!
 


No comments: