2.01.2013

Chicken Pomodoro

 While I was cleaning out/organizing my recipe binder I found this little gem hiding behind my chicken piccata recipe. It was scribbled down in my awful handwriting and just begging for me to give it a whirl. How could I resist with an ingredient list that included butter, heavy cream, and vodka. Umm about that baby weight...
 
Ingredients:
- 1 package of chicken cutlets
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
 
Directions:
1. Start by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper, and lightly dredge in flour. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. Deglaze pan with vodka and add minced garlic. Whisk until vodka is almost cooked out then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and diced tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Return chicken to pan. Add heavy cream and butter. Let chicken cook in mixture for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Plate chicken and spoon sauce on top. Next time I think I will serve this over some pasta (I'm thinking some orzo might be nice). 

No comments: