2.24.2013

Blackened Tilapia with Cilantro Lime Butter

Happy Sunday everyone! The baby is taking a nap, I made myself a lovely breakfast, and now I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee. Life is good! Now let me help you plan dinner. Oh I know, how about Blackened Tilapia with Cilantro-Lime Butter? Boy that was easy. I promise this dish is so good it could turn around a non-fish eater. You know who I'm talking about. I double dog dare you to try this dish and then tell me you don't like fish. 
Ingredients:
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp butter at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or use the refrigerated already prepared minced garlic)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 Tbsp blackening seasoning

Directions:
1. In a small bowl mix the zest of the lime, juice from the lime, butter, cilantro, and garlic. Stir to blend then set aside.

2. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Rub the blackening seasoning on the tilapia fillets. Once the oil is hot, add the fish and cook 3-4 minutes (don't disturb it, just let it cook and yes the house will probably get smoky). Flip fillets over and cook another 1-2 minutes.

3. Transfer the tilapia to a plate and top immediately with a bit of the cilantro lime butter. The butter just melts right into the fillets. Heaven!

*Recipe adapted from Men's Health

No comments: