2.25.2013

Roasted Rosemary Almonds

I cooked a pot roast the other day. It was yummy. I always misjudge the amount of meat I need. I was cooking for 4 people but I bought enough meat to feed The Duggars. Do you guys do that? I also bought way too much fresh rosemary. I started to feel really bad about all that sweet delicious rosemary left unused in my fridge but then I remembered this recipe and suddenly didn't feel so bad anymore. So, I made a batch, and then I made another batch, and then I made one more batch. Oops. In my defense I did give 2 batches as gifts because I'm nice like that. 
Look how beautiful!
Ingredients:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.

2. In a bowl, combine the almonds, oil, rosemary, chili powder, salt, and a little cracked pepper. Stir to coat the almonds.

3. Pour almonds onto a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool then enjoy.

As I mentioned earlier I gave some as gifts.
A mason jar, a piece of cloth, some twine, a tag and boom!

No comments: