12.12.2012

Zucchini with tomatoes and basil

I don't know about you guys but my side dishes are usually an afterthought when planning my menu for the week. I've been trying to make them a little more exciting than just steaming some veggies. This side dish was inspired by a dinner at Carrabbas with the hubby. It's very simple yet far from boring. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Ingredients
- 2-3 zucchini (washed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or you could use fresh)
- A handful of fresh chopped basil (you like my precise measurements?)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil

Start by preheating a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced garlic over medium heat (make sure  your garlic doesn't burn) Add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 more minutes and then toss in basil and as much cheese as your heart desires. I usually grate enough to lightly cover the top of the dish. Pretty easy huh?

No comments: