12.14.2012

Pesto Crusted Salmon

Okay so this picture isn't very good but this salmon is so so so good...and easy. Chad and I eat this almost once a week. During my first trimester I developed a love for pesto and Chad was right there with me. We would eat it straight out of the fridge on some pretzel chips. This recipe was created as I was trying to get my pesto fix one day.
Ingredients
- 2 salmon fillets
- Panko
- Pesto
Directions
Start by preheating your oven to 400. Mix 2 tablespoons of pesto with 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs. The mixture should be thick enough to stay on top of the salmon fillets. Add more panko if needed. I normally use Buitoni pesto which is pretty thick. Place salmon fillets on a greased baking sheet and top with pesto mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes then turn oven to low broil for 4-6 minutes to form a nice crust.

No comments: