11.01.2010

Chicken Marsala

I feel like Chicken Marsala is a dish that can really vary from plate to plate. I've tasted a couple versions that I wasn't too crazy about. I tend to gravitate toward the version that calls for heavy cream. In my opinion anything with heavy cream is delicious and if it doesn't call for heavy cream add it anyways. With all that said...here is Leanne's version of Chicken Marsala.
Ingredients
4 chicken cutlets
All-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1/2 cup of Marsala cooking wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 - 1 cup of heavy cream
1 - 1 1/2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
1/2 cup diced onions
10 leaves of fresh basil chopped
Start by dredging chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with two tablespoons of oil. Brown chicken (about 2-3 minutes each side). Remove chicken. Add more oil to the pan if needed then add onions, garlic, mushrooms. Let those cook for about 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with Marsala wine. When the wine has almost cooked off add the chicken stock. After the stock reduces to half, add the chicken back to the pan along with the heavy cream and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. The sauce will reduce and thicken as it cooks. If you want more sauce just add more heavy cream.

I hope you try this dish and I hope you love it as much as I do. I usually find myself eating the sauce with a spoon. I know I'm so lady like.

No comments: