Three Cheese-Stuffed Shells with Meat Sauce
- Large box of Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 30 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese grates
- 1 cup grated Romano Cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 basil leaves (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Medium onion, chopped
- minced garlic
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes (look for tomatoes grown and canned in Italy)
- 1 15oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 350. Cook pasta for 1/2 of the time directed on the box. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once heated, add chopped onion and garlic. Let cook for 2 minutes. Then add your sausage (break it up and cook until browned). Pour in red wine and cook for a couple of minutes. Next, add your cans of tomatoes, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring this mixture to a boil, then turn down heat and let it cook for 30-45 minutes (stir occasionally).
-In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the Parmesan, all of the Romano, 1 egg, basil, and salt and pepper.
-Alright, we are ready to assemble. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with the meat sauce. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture. Place the shells seam down in the sauce. Top shells with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.