If you have any smelly/brownish looking bananas around, then I have a recipe for you!
I was trapped at home after the Great Flood of 2010 and found myself staring at 4 rotting bananas every time I opened the pantry door. So I decided that if life gives you rotten bananas, make banana bread.Banana Bread
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil, 2 1/2 cups of sugar, and 3 eggs. Make sure this is mixed together very well.
4. In another large bowl, mix 3 cups of self-rising flour, 3/4 tsp. salt, 6 Tbs of melted butter, 6 Tbs of buttermilk.
5. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the oil/sugar/egg mixture.
6. Lightly fold in 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana.
7. Pour into loaf pan. FYI this makes enough for 2 loaf pans.
8. Bake at 350 for 45min to 1 hour. Check occasionally with a toothpick for done-ness (is that a word?)
* If you don't have self-rising flour you can use 3 cups of all purpose plus 1 tsp. of baking soda
* If you don't have buttermilk you can mix 6 Tbs. of milk with 1/4 tsp. vinegar
* If you wanted to add some nuts or chocolate chips into the mixture that would be great as well