My wonderful husband wanted to go vegetarian for a week.
I wasn't crazy about it but I agreed because I'm such a wonderful wife ;)
Vegetarian isn't really on my radar.
When I plan dinner there is ALWAYS a meat involved.
It's in my blood.
The way I was raised.
You have a meat and then two sides (which are usually carb/starch heavy)
Anyways, my hubby was sweet enough to print out some recipes for me so how could I say no.
He found a Pasta Primavera recipe by the lovely Giada De Laurentiis.
I will admit I was totally blown away by how much I liked this dish.
I think you should try it.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper,cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 pound pasta
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, about 20 minutes (stir after the first 10 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed on the box. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
4. Toss the pasta with the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and the pasta water. Stir. Top with the Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy.
|Such a pretty dish!|
Light, colorful, and delish!