2.18.2013

Orzo With Tomatoes and Peas

It was clean out your pantry/fridge day around here again.
 I'm really trying to do better about not letting food go bad.
Plus it challenges me to come up with a recipe.
Its really a win win situation for all.
I've had this big jar of orzo in my pantry for wayyy to long.
Like a year maybe. I was sick of looking at it.
So...I ate it with some peas, tomatoes, and cheese :)
*That is some Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the picture that I served it with.
Both my hubby and sister-in-law said it looked like fish.
So my chicken looks like fish huh?
I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Either way this is dish would be good with chicken or fish.
Ingredients:
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
1. Cook orzo according to package but instead of using water use chicken broth (you don't have to but I think it makes the orzo more flavorful).

2. In a large saute pan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, frozen peas, and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.

3. Drain orzo and add it to the saute pan with the peas and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.

4. Finish by stirring in the grated Parmesan Cheese.


No comments: