Since I am trying to loose the baby weight and some, I have been hooked on the website Skinny Taste . Have you heard of it?? If not, you should check it out. I have made numerous recipes and all have turned out great. They are tasty, easy to make, and easy on the thighs. The other night I made chicken and mushrooms in a garlic white wine sauce (I made a few slight variations to suit my taste). Yum!
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 12 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly coat in flour.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium heat then add 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
3. Add additional butter and oil to skillet. Then add the garlic and let that cook for a minute before adding the mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add white wine and chicken broth. Stirring mixture occasionally until it thickens slightly. Return the chicken to the skillet and let simmer for 1-2 minutes in the sauce.
The chicken was moist and the sauce had a great flavor.