3.06.2011

Tortellini Soup

I recently underwent some dental work that left my mouth extremely sore and I needed to eat soft foods for a few days. Luckily, I ran across this delicious soup from Annie's Eats a few days before my dental work. My wonderful husband even cooked it for me while I held ice packs on my face. I think I'm gonna keep him.


Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups of low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 9 oz. tortellini (we used cheese but you can use any flavor)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan

In a large pot of Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the oregano and diced tomatoes, then add in the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add in the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. One minute before the tortellini is cooked, stir in the spinach. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with grated Parmesan and enjoy.

Super easy, healthy, and soft for sore mouths!

No comments: