3.05.2011

Key Lime Cupcakes

While planning for my Taco Party, I came across these Key Lime Cupcakes by Three Many Cooks. I thought they would be the perfect ending to my Mexican fiesta, plus, I needed a good excuse to use my new cupcake stand from my wonderful mother-in-law (Hi Lynn).

Key Lime Cupcakes
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. Beat 12 tablespoons of butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest until light and fluffy. Starting and ending with an egg, alternate beating in eggs and flour until each is thoroughly incorporated. Beat in lime juice and vanilla until just incorporated. Divide batter evenly among pan. Bake until golden brown, 12-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.

For the icing, beat remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, and the cream cheese until smooth. Then beat in condensed milk and sugar. Frost the cooled cupcakes. Top with graham cracker crumbs and a slice of lime.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ahhhhhhhh those are so pretty! They look yummy! I'm so proud of you!