3.25.2011

Mexican Goulash

For the record, I don't really know what goulash consists of. I just needed a name for this dish and for some reason goulash came to me in my sleep. Anyways, Chad was on dinner duty the other night and he was having trouble deciding what to make. I was sitting at work, watching my patient fall asleep , I mean working hard in therapy and it hit me! I sent him a text that went something like this "remember the dish with rice, black beans, and stuff with chicken on top?" Somehow he knew exactly what I was talking about. We use to fix this all the time back in the day. It's really easy and really versatile.

Leanne and Chad's Mexican Goulash
- 1 cup of dry rice (white or brown)
- 1 can of black beans
- salsa
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- cilantro
- hot sauce
- chicken (you can use breast, cutlets, or tenderloins)
- lime wedges

Start by cooking the rice according to the package. Heat up a can of black beans and add a little seasoning like some garlic powder and/or cumin. Season chicken (we used Adobo seasoning, pepper, and chili powder) and cook until done (we cooked chicken cutlets on a grill pan for 3-5 minutes on each side). Now thats the hard part. The rest is up to you. I start with some rice in a bowl, top it with black beans, diced up chicken, fresh grated Monterey cheese, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice. Heck you could also go crazy and add some avocado.

See I told  you it was easy and versatile.

No comments: