So #2 recipe from Cooking Light was a huge hit! This magazine could be my new favorite. They have a great section called "Dinner Tonight," it comes with a grocery list cut out and all the meals are fast and easy. How good does that picture look? Is your mouth watering yet?
Ingredients (don't be intimidated...I promise its easy)
3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced shallots
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Dash of sugar
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cutlets
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
5 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups packed spring mix salad greens
2 lemon wedges
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 cup orzo pasta
1 teaspoon of chives, chopped
2 tablespoons of white wine
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1. Combine lemon juice, white wine vinegar, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano cheese in a shallow dish. Pour flour in a shallow dish. Pour beaten egg white into a shallow dish.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in egg white, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on a wire rack and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. While the chicken rests, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 4 minutes or until browned. Add 1/2 cup of orzo; cook for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons of white wine; cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 13 minutes.
5. Now back to the chicken, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for 3 more minutes.
6. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper to the shallot mixture, combine with a whisk. Add the spring greens and toss until coated.
7. Once the orzo has cooked, stir in 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of chives.