I'm not a big fan of Valentines Day.
I think you should show your love everyday, not just one day a year.
But with all that said, Chad and I used V-Day as an excuse to cook a fabulous dinner!
Steak with caramelized onion blue cheese sauce
Twice bakes potatoes
Chocolate dipped strawberries
I've blogged about the blue cheese sauce before here and if you haven't tried it then SHAME ON YOU.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees
- Coat two large baking potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping occasionally
- Let the potatoes cool enough to handle, cut in half, and hollow out potatoes with a spoon. Be careful not to break or tear the skin.
- In a bowl add the potato, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of milk, and whatever else you like...cooked bacon, cheese, onions, garlic, cooked veggies. Really you can't mess up.
- Spoon mixture into the potato skins and bake for 15-20 minutes on 425