Pioneer Woman has done it again. I just can't get enough of her recipes. Her latest and greatest is a caramelized onion and blue cheese sauce. Now that's how you spell delicious! Chad and I immediately tried it out on Friday night and loved loved loved it.
Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Cut 1 large yellow onion or 1 1/2 small onions in half from root to tip then cut into thick slices.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter or 4 tablespoons to a pan on medium high heat.
- When the butter melts add onions and cook for 15-20 minutes or until they get brown and caramelized.
- Turn heat down to low and add 1 cup of heavy cream. Let that cook for about 5 minutes
- Season with some salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles. Allow that to melt and make the sauce very creamy.
- Serve with your favorite cut of steak.
Seriously if you don't try this than we aren't friends anymore ;)