Here at the McKinney/Tolliver house detox and dieting are on the menu. Chad and I are trying to get healthy and slim down since someone has to walk down the aisle in 9 months. We aren't going crazy or anything but just taking baby steps. The other night we whipped up this easy, healthy, flavorful dinner.
Chicken with mushrooms and onions
1. Start by seasoning your breasts...chicken breasts that is. You can use whatever you like (salt, pepper, garlic, etc..)
2. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 400.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat. When hot add the chicken and brown on both sides.
4. Once browned, transfer to an oven safe dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. In the pan that you browned the chicken in, add 1/2 cup of red wine and 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
6. Once the liquids are heated and the red wine reduces add in 1 cup of sliced mushrooms and 1/2 of a red onion. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Add the cooked chicken to the mushrooms and onions and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
8. Served along side steamed asparagus and you got yourself a delicious meal!