9.13.2009

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Growing up I can't remember eating meatballs....spaghetti, yes, but never meatballs. I think it was fear of the unknown. I mean meatballs is very vague. What kind of meat are we talking about here? See there was this one time when I thought I was eating sausage gravy until my stepdad informed me it was SQUIRREL gravy. Did I mention I'm from West Virginia? There was also another time when I chowed down on what I thought was chicken legs and later learned it was frog legs. So you can see why I am very wary of the "meat" I eat. Anyways, the point of this blog is now I love meatballs. Well my meatballs, the ones where I control what goes into them.

Leanne's No Surprise Meatballs

- 1 pound of ground chuck
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup grated or finely diced onion
- 4 teaspoons of garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. If mixture is too wet add more breadcrumbs.
Roll meatballs into golf ball size and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes I move the meatballs around to make sure they aren't sticking to the baking sheet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you never had meatballs growing up? Why do you think the Schwans truck stopped by the house? LOL

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com