8.09.2009

You asked for it...

I have had several people ask for the recipe to my Chicken Piccata. I wrote about it here but for some reason I didn't include the recipe. I've been making this dish for several years now thanks to a magazine my mom received called Cuisine at home. I have added and changed a few things to suit my taste.

-Start with chicken cutlets or chicken breasts pounded thin
-Season the chicken with salt and pepper (both sides) and coat with flour
-In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high
-Saute chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer chicken to a plate
-Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of white wine and add 1-2 teaspoons of garlic (depends on how much you like the taste of garlic)
-Cook until wine is almost evaporated and garlic is slightly browned
-Add 1/3 cup of chicken broth, 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 1-2 tablespoons of capers, drained. I really like the taste of capers so I add 2 tablespoons. If you're not sure about the flavor you can just add 1 tablespoon
-Return chicken to saute pan and add 1/4 - 1/3 cup of heavy cream
-Cook for about 1 minute.
-Remove chicken to serving platter
-Finish sauce in the pan with thinly sliced lemons and 2 tablespoons of butter.
-Pour sauce over chicken and enjoy

You could easily substitute turkey cutlets or shrimp in this dish. I make this all the time and serve it with steamed asparagus. I think my favorite part of the dish is the warm thinly sliced lemons covered in the cream sauce. Hope you try it tonight!

No comments: