8.16.2009

Pecan Crusted Chicken with Dijon Sauce

I found this recipe in a cookbook that a former patients daughter-in-law gave me. They were a terrific family and we use to always talk about cooking and at the time my new puppy. Of course I have changed a few things here and there in the recipe to suit me.

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken breast between two pieces of saran wrap or wax paper for a uniform thickness. Melt 1 stick of butter (I never said this was healthy). Combine butter with 3 heaping tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Finely chop 1-2 cups of pecans. Make an assemble line like the picture below. Dip chicken into the butter mixture then coat with pecans and set aside.

Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side. Remove chicken from pan and place on a baking sheet (don't worry if some or alot of the pecans fall off). Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done. In the pan that you cooked the chicken in add 2/3 - 1 cup of sour cream, stir in 2-3 tablespoons of Dijon, salt and pepper. Spoon on top of the chicken and enjoy.

No comments: