8.12.2009

Fried Zucchini

While watching the food network one day I saw them make fried zucchini. It looked delicious yet easy so Chad and I decided to try out our own version and it was a hit.

Fried Zucchini
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- Flour
- 2 eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, parsley, red pepper flakes, etc...) You can season the flour or the bread crumbs. Whatever floats your boat.
- Coat zucchini in flour, dip in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes on each sided until they turn slightly brown and
crispy.
I made a dipping sauce that went great the zucchini...but I didn't measure so bear with me.

- 2-4 dollops of sour cream
- 1 good squirt of prepared horseradish
- A few shakes of a Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet


We couldn't stop eating them and actually fought over the last one :)

No comments: