5.21.2009

Mater Pie

Seeing all the tomatoes at the farmers market yesterday made me think of tomato pie. At first I wasn't so sure of this recipe until my old roomie made it one evening. It was very savory and easy. I think you should try it :)
1. Bake a frozen pie crust as directed (or make your own) 2. Peel and slice 4 tomatoes. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let drain for 10 minutes)
3. 1 cup of mayo, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1 cup of cheddar.
4. 10 Basil leaves, 2 green onions (chopped)

Layer tomatoes in pie crust, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop basil and onions and sprinkle over tomatoes. In a bowl mix mayo and cheese together. Spread on top of tomatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until browned.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Terra Rose said...

Oh my gosh! I made this for a small summer cookout and it was the favorite dish of the party. Great suggestion, my friend.