5.16.2009

Hot potato hot potato

For the longest time I avoided using potatoes in my cooking because I wasn't sure what to do with them. I'm happy to report that has all changed. I have mastered the potato...okay maybe not mastered. I have made everything from garlic smashed, baked, pan fried, oven roasted, and my latest was broccoli and cheese stuffed. I caught this recipe on food network one day and decided to give it a try. Very simple, all you do is bake 2-4 large potatoes in the oven. Let them cool and scoop out the inside. In a bowl smash the potatoes, 1-2 cups of steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 4 tablespoons of butter, 1/2-1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice), and a little salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture back into the potatoes, top with a little more cheese and bake until it melts. Delicious, try it!



No comments: