1.31.2013

MVP Chili

As I mentioned in my Super Bowl Recipe Round-Up post, I am making chili on Sunday.
We are no stranger to chili in this house. Its one of my husbands favorite things to cook. He never uses a recipe yet it always turns out delish. What can I say, the man is talented. Anyways, I am doing the cooking on Sunday and unlike the husband I will be using a recipe.
Its called MVP chili.
Very fitting.
Ingredients:
- 1 package Italian Turkey Sausage (remove the casing)
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bottle dark beer (12 oz) or you can use chicken stock
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15.5oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup corn
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. De-case sausage and saute in a large pot over medium-high heat.
    Use spoon to crumble sausage as it cooks.
2. Once sausage is browned stir in onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
    Continue cooking for 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add beer and allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low.
5. Stir in beans and corn and season to taste with salt and pepper.

I like to serve mine with jalapeno corn muffins, some shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.

*Oh and I added a new little gadget on the page. It links you to my Etsy account and you can see all the pretty things I've been looking at/debating to purchase.

No comments: