Anyone else weird about their chicken wings?
It took me awhile to fully embrace eating chicken right off the bone.
Sometimes it still freaks me out.
Like when the hubby orders chicken wings from Domino's.
I love all the flavors that go along with chicken wings.
When I saw this recipe from skinnytaste I knew I would like it.
It cooks in the crock pot which is awesome news because I can put it on while the babe is napping.
That is IF he naps. Sometimes he likes to go on a nap strike. That makes for a really fun day.
Anyways, you should totally make this dish.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 16oz chicken broth, low-sodium and fat free
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
1. Put the chicken, diced onion, celery, and garlic in the crock pot Pour in the chicken stock. It should cover the chicken breast, if not, add water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
2. After 4 hours, remove the chicken. Keep 1/3 cup of the cooking broth and discard the rest. Shred chicken and return to crock pot. Add the 1/3 cup of cooking broth as well as 1/3 cup hot sauce. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
3. Place shredded chicken in a lettuce leaf and top with your choice of condiments (blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressings, ranch dressing, celery, carrots, etc...) Roll it up and enjoy!
|We used the leftover chicken in a salad the next day.|