The hubby and I have been trying to plan a weekly menu in hopes of eating a little more healthy, saving money, and avoiding the annoying "what do you want for dinner" conversations. Some weeks it works and other weeks not so much. This week we got off a day or two...pizza sounded much better than baked fish. Anyways, Sunday night dinner turned into a "we better eat it before it goes bad" kinda meal. I had some potatoes, green beans, and onions just begging to be eaten so I threw them into a baking sheet and voila!
- 8-10 red skinned new potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- fresh green beans, cut in half (I used a bag of haricot verts)
- 1 onion, chopped (I used red but others would be just fine)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Throw your potatoes, green beans, and onion into a large mixing bowl.
3. Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic (sorry folks, I don't measure).
4. Drizzle with olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
5. Toss veggies so they are coated with the seasoning and pour onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes tossing occasionally.
Great side dish for our parmesan crusted chicken!