4.27.2011

Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes and Spinach

I've recently been experimenting with the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme and so far so good. The first recipe I tried was a Creamy Italian Chicken Orzo Skillet which you can find here. Chad and I both really enjoyed the flavor and how easy it was to prepare. While day dreaming at work, I came up with another recipe to try and like I said in a previous post it was "da bomb." :)

Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes and Spinach
- 1 lb of raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 box if pasta
- 1/2 container of Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
 
Start by cooking the pasta of your choice as directed on the package (I used farfalle). Season your shrimp with salt, pepper, and a few squirts of lemon juice. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tbls of oil and 1 tbls of butter. Place shrimp in skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Add in the tomatoes, spinach, cooking creme, and 1/4 cup of pasta water. Stir together and allow the mixture to cook for about 2 minutes. Serve over pasta and enjoy.

No comments: