1.29.2011

Magic Seven Layer Bars

Okay, I have another confession to make...just call me Usher. Anyways, when I was little I loved loved loved graham crackers. My wonderful mother use to let me mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together in a bowl and I would just dig in. Healthy...no, delicious...yes. This recipe is an oldie but a goodie. For some reason I started thinking about it last week and decided I needed to make it ASAP!
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of butterscotch chips
1/2 - 1 cups of chopped nuts (I used pecans but walnuts would be great too)
1 1/4 cup of coconut
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish generously with cooking spray
Melt butter and mix into graham cracker crumbs. Press evenly into baking dish. Pour condensed milk evenly over the graham crackers. Distribute remaining ingredients evenly over graham crackers. Press down ingredients firmly with a fork. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow dish to cool completely before cutting into bar. Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hahaha! Remember the "STUFF" you used to mix up and you thought Grandpa actually ate it?

Lorin Albin said...

I've always poured the condensed milk over the top as the last step, I'll have to try it this way!! They look delish!! :)