I needed a new delicious dish to take to a Christmas Party last weekend so of course I called my mother for a recipe. She makes this dish every Christmas and I love it. Its easy and a crowd pleaser.Ingredients
- 2 8oz cans of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey or chicken (you can use canned chicken)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375. Start by mixing mayo, mustard, chicken/turkey, pepper, celery, cheese, nuts, and cranberries together in a large bowl. Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. On a large cookie sheet or round pizza stone place 8 triangles in a circle with the points facing out. Arrange the other 8 triangles in a circle with the wide ends overlapping and the points facing inward. I know it sounds confusing but take a good look at the picture above. Scoop the chicken/turkey mixture on top of the crescent rolls like in the pic above. Bring the triangle points up and over the mixture alternating from the ones facing outwards then inwards. Overlapping like a wreath. Brush the top of the rolls with egg whites.
Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.