While we were planning our Thanksgiving menu, we decided we needed a cold dish. That's when I remember this yummy salad that my mom has made before. So....I called her up for the recipe and was surprised with how simple it was.Ingredients
- One head of lettuce (rough chop)
- One head of cauliflower (rough chop)
- One large onion (cut into thin rings/slices)
- One bag of frozen peas (thawed and drained, you can use as many or as little as you like)
- Two cups of mayo
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
In a large bowl (I like to use a clear bowl so you can see all the layers) layer the lettuce, cauliflower, onion slices, then peas.
In another bowl, mix together the mayo, Parmesan Cheese, and sugar.
Pour the mayo mixture over the salad and spread it all over the top, right up to the edge.
Let the salad sit in the fridge overnight.
When you are ready to serve just toss it all together.
You can even add crumbled bacon on top before serving,