7.13.2010

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

Any recipe that calls for a whole package of oreos has got to be good right? I thought this recipe was perfect for Chad and I. He LOVES cheesecake and I LOVE oreos. Match made in heaven.

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

Start by preheating your oven to 325. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminium foil.
For the crust, you need 23 Oreo cookies and 3 tbs. of unsalted butter, melted.
In a food processor, pulse the cookies until they are finely ground. Slowly add in the melted butter until all the crumbs are moistened.
Press the crumbs into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
To make the filling, you need 12oz of cream cheese, 6 tbsp. of sour cream, 6 tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, and 12 Oreos (chopped).
Start by beating the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Slowly mix in the sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Beat in the egg and egg yolk until incorporated. Stir in the chopped oreos with a rubber spatula.
Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and spread evenly. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for about an hour then refrigerate for about 3 hours.


Cream Cheese on Foodista

1 comment:

Amy B. @ Foodista said...

OH WOW, that looks divine!!! I love oreo cheesecake and im sure this just tastes the same! I'm snatching your recipe if you don't mind, hehe! I plan to make a batch of my own. :D I wanna share this to my friends in Foodista as well. If you could please just add the foodista widget for cream cheese at the end of this post, and that should do it. Thanks and keep 'em coming please! ;-)

Cheers, Amy from Australia