Good lord is it really April already!
Where has the time gone?
Grace's wedding, parents in town, home for Easter, engagement party, wedding planning, work
Whew busy busy busy.
I finally got some down time this weekend and spent most of it outside or in the kitchen.
I know it is getting warmer outside and the thought of hot blackberry cobbler may not be that appealing but trust me on this one.
This recipe comes from Pioneer Woman's cookbook. Its called Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler. I don't know who Patsy is but I do love her cobbler. I made just a few changes to suit my taste.
1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup of self-rising flour
1 cup of milk
1 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries (but any fruit would do)
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350. Grease a 8x10 pan or a large pie plate with butter.
2. Melt butter in microwave for 30-45 seconds.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour and milk.
4. Whisk in the melted butter.
5. Rinse blackberries and pat dry. Toss blackberries with 1/4 cup of sugar.
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter.
7. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top of the dish.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until brown and bubbly. When 10 minutes remain of cooking time sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream!