3.14.2010

Zatarain's Ain't Got Nothing on Me

I think I've mentioned my love for Zatarain's box rice dinners. They are an easy and flavorful fix for dinner but the sodium content is out of this world. Then it hit me...I can make my own and monitor the sodium. I just happened to have some brown rice in the pantry and a chicken breast and asparagus in the fridge. It seriously gave Zatarain's a run for its money and I snapped this picture of Chad to prove it (hi honey...please don't kill me for putting this online for the world to see)
Leanne's Rice Dinner
- Start by cooking some brown or white rice as directed on the package.
- Season up 2-4 chicken cutlets with salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook chicken on medium high about 5-6 minutes on each side. Chop into bite size pieces once cooled.
- Saute veggies of your choice with salt, pepper, and garlic until tender. I used asparagus and onions.
- Once the rice, chicken, and veggies are done, mix everything together in a large skillet over medium low heat.
-You may want to add more seasoning at this point depending how spicy you like things.

No comments: