12.16.2009

Chicken Enchiladas

Have I mentioned that I love my new kitchen?? Well I do! It is so much bigger and functional. I actually have room spread out and make a huge mess. Tonight I had a craving for Mexican so instead of going out, I brought Mexico to us.


Chicken Enchiladas

- 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken (I just boil 2-3 chicken breast for 20-30 minutes, let them cool, then cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded monterey jack and colby cheese (any cheese will work though)
-2 cups of salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Flour tortillas

Start by preheating your oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix chicken, sour cream, cilantro, cumin, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/2 cup of the salsa, a few dashes of hot sauce, and a little salt and pepper.
Spoon mixture into center of tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish.
Top with remaining salsa, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove foil, top with remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes
(Tonight I used just 4 tortillas but you can use more, just fill each one with less of the chicken mixture)




Muy Bueno!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Mexican drink I see in the background? You really did go south of the border didn't you?