8.25.2009

The Incredible Edible Egg

I think I have mentioned my love of breakfast before but if I haven't....man do I love breakfast. I think its because my grandmother drilled it into me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Okay moving on, I have a confession. I suck at making omelette's...so instead of omelette's I make breakfast scramblers. To make this particular scrambler just follow these simple directions: 1. Quick steam some broccoli in the microwave until tender
2. Dice up some ham (I just used lunch meat ham)
3. Dice 1/4 cup of onion
4. A sprinkle or two of cheese
5. 2-3 eggs

Heat a pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter. Add onions and saute until soft. Add in ham and broccoli. Scramble the eggs then pour into the pan with the meat and veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Let them cook for about a minute then gently stir to form a "scrambler." Just before it is done sprinkle with cheese (I used cheddar because everything is better with cheddar). Add some slices of tomato from your local farmers market ;) and a piece of toast and you are ready to carpe diem just ask my grandmother.

No comments: