7.13.2009

Nobody puts baby in the corner!

During my visit to West Virginia, my parents wanted to take me to brunch at Mountain Lake in Pembroke Virginia since I had never been there before. They must know the way to my heart is food (and money). Growing up I heard a lot about Mountain Lake especially the part about how Dirty Dancing was filmed there. Yes folks its true. Located just an hour away from my stompin' grounds Jennifer Grey was carrying watermelons and Patrick Swayze was working those hips. It was such a gorgeous ride up the mountain to the resort and the food was delicious. Crab legs, eggs benedict, made to order omelets, prime rib, cheese platter, fruit trays, and a huge dessert bar. There was one dessert in particular that rocked my world. I'm not sure what it was but I named it "Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake" and it was awesome. I'm looking for a similar recipe to see if I can recreate that goodness. Anywho, it was such a beautiful place but kinda sad because the business has been very slow. The future is not looking so bright for this mountain resort. So if anyone is looking for a place to take a vacation, have a wedding, or a reunion check it out. Oh and they also have dirty dancing weekends as well!


No comments: