4.21.2009

Weekend Breakfast

Ever since I was a little girl I can remember my grandmother telling me to eat breakfast. She would say it doesn't matter what you eat, even a cold piece of pizza, but at least eat something. These words stuck like glue. I have and will always be a breakfast eater. I never understood those people who skip breakfast. I always want to go up to them and say didn't your grandmother explain the importance of breakfast? Anyways, since I've entered the working world I find it harder and harder to pry myself out of bed in the mornings. Because of this, I haven't been able to enjoy my love of breakfast as much. I look forward to the weekend for many reasons but breakfast might just be on the top of the list. I just love making a cup of coffee, putting some bacon in the skillet, and frying up some eggs! I swear there is no better way to start the day, especially if you throw in some fried potatoes. I haven't quite mastered my grandmother's biscuits and gravy but when I do, it is on!


No comments: